Next stop, insanity

Monday, May 01, 2006

Madam President

I was watching some random TV the other day and stopped at a channel that showed Geena Davis in an impeccable suit. It was apparent that it was some presidential drama and she was playing the president.

Then a guy enters the screen and calls Ms. Davis's attention by saying “Madam President.” I just cracked up. I never really thought about what the opposite of “Mr. President” is but "Madam president" sounds very funny.

Man! this has got to be the best fantasy show since “Xena, the warrior princess.” I got nothing against woman presidents. I think woman are as capable as men to lead the country. But the land-of-opportunties, land-of-equality, most-advanced-country-in-the-world USA will probably be the last country to allow a woman to be the president.

Anyway, I don't know what the name of the show I was watching. I am hoping it's not “West Wings


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home